[Roadsters] Alternator question

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Wed Jun 27 23:53:02 MDT 2012

Jim,

When I have had alternator problems, I have had my OEM parts rebuilt.  But
then, I don't have any large add-on loads like a 4kW stereo or 1MM
candlepower aircraft landing lights on my cars.

Many people have converted to something called a "GM one-wire" alternator,
and I think there is discussion on the 311s.org site about how to effect the
conversion.  I hear it is pretty straight-forward, if aftermarket is the way
you want to go.

Gary