[Roadsters] 68 brake calipers - leak

Larry Dziuba roadster68 at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 11 21:15:07 MDT 2012

Hello Everyone,  There has always been poor performance from my front disc
brakes.  I pulled the passenger side and found one pad was wet and would not
come out without some force.  It looks like brake fluid saturated it.  I
could not see any brake lines that were leaking.  I then pulled the piston.
It appeared to be wet inside the dust boot.  I could not see any tears or
even marks on the seal or any scratches on the cylinder wall.  I did put in
brake kits about 5 years ago but have minimal miles on the roadster.  The
lines have been bled a number of times over the years.  Could the seal leak
without a tear.  It looks good.  Puzzled.  PS: the caliper is still thick
enough.  Larry.