[Roadsters] 68 brake calipers - leak

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Sun Mar 11 21:29:16 MDT 2012

Larry,

The master cylinder puts a lot of pressure on the wheel cylinders  when you
depress the pedal.  You could have a very small cut or tear in the piston
seal, and not notice it, but have it be sufficient to allow fliud past when
the brakes are used.  You didn't mention the condition of the cylinders, but
I presume there are no pits or other irregularities.

Minor pits can be removed by honing, but I don't know how to do that with
the center pin in the cylinder.  The cylinders can be sleeved, or replaced
at no small cost.

Gary