[Roadsters] TX Roadster weather.

cehubbard at verizon.net cehubbard at verizon.net
Sat Mar 24 17:54:25 MDT 2012

Thanks to you all for your suggestions. I've use the bread knife trick before. It works great. The old foam is so far gone that I can't tell which width of foam to buy as a base.  I guess I could start out with a 2" thick piece, cut it to shape of the seat, then contour it to fit the new slip cover.

I already replaced foam in the buckets using good stuff from a local foam shop. The original bucket foam had large 1" cylinder holes evenly spaced in them that were filled with what looked like stacks of round cotton cylinders. The cylinder resembled looked like stacks of gun cleaning swabs. This must have been used to stiffen the seat. It worked too well.