[Roadsters] Early SU Carbs

Roy Haslett hrhaslett at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 25 16:20:35 MDT 2012

So I'm going through my parts today trying to get organized and remember what
I have.B  I came across an intake manifold and a set ofB  Carbs.B  However,
these carbs look different than what I have on my car currently and when I
turned them over it says SU on the bottoms?B  Also they bolt onto the manifold
with 4 bolts each.B  They also each have a small heat shield, not the one long
one that I am used to.B  Can anyone tell me anything about these?B  I think
they came off my car as stock from the original owner.B  Did Datsun use
English SU carbs until they made their own version?B  Thanks
Roy