[Roadsters] Alternative to Bimetallic Strip Gauge Regulator?

Paul Courson cour.jpeg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 02:17:22 MDT 2012

A pulsed voltage can be seen as a current limiter, reducing the duty
cycle on the gauges and prolonging their life. It may also be part of
the method by which they "damp" the needles to keep them from moving
too rapidly in response to minor transients.  The sloshing of gasoline
in the tank causes lots of movement of the fuel sender float, for
example, and that movement would otherwise show up on the fuel guage .