[Roadsters] Camber and Caster

Neil Levine nalevine at dcn.org
Mon Nov 5 00:02:51 MST 2012

Calling all suspension experts!
I'm having to change out the upper A arm spindle on the passenger side of my
'66 1600.  Can anyone explain how the caster/camber adjustment works with
the shims?  There are 2 different parts shown in the Datsun service manual
front suspension drawing (items 45 (shim- camber) and 47 (shim-caster,
rear)) which are stacked together under the same bolt.  How can one be for
camber and the other be for caster when they are just stacked together in
the same spot?  I just don't get it.  Does anyone have a simple explanation?

Neil