[Roadsters] 1970 Roadster

Chris fconsult at telus.net
Wed Mar 13 20:24:07 MDT 2013

Hi everyone
  We are restoring a 1970- 1600 Roadster. The restoration is just about
complete but have a couple of questions about some of the finishing. First on
the windshield pillar at the top where the plastic trim along the top edge of
the windshield meets the weather strip that goes down the pillar and around
the door opening. Does the plastic strip go on top so the weather-strip butts
up against it or does the weather-strip go right to the top of the pillar? Is
there any finishing clips or anything else that goes on this corner? The next
question is that there is a center tap coil on a plastic block, maybe 4bx
1b, the coil is around 1/2 in. in diam.,  it has 4 wires going to it, the
wires are blue with black and red tracers, the wires are in the same bundle
that goes to the heater blower motor. I canbt find it on the wiring diagram
and was told it was specific to a 1970 model. It looks like it might get hot
and should maybe  be mounted on the firewall? Any ideas what it is and what it
does?
  Thanks for reading
                  Chris