[Roadsters] Garage "find"

Tim tputland at charter.net
Wed Mar 20 06:01:22 MDT 2013

posted this last night on the mothership:

I just got back from checking out a 65 1600 in Sheboygan, WI. The VIN is
SPL 04547 with no title. It has probably been sitting for over 20 years.
I decided to pass on bringing it home as it is too rough--body looked to
be completely shot--the door hinges were pulled out of the A-pillar.
There is some salvageable stuff, full side trim and steering wheel are
the best bits. It has a white port hole hard top.

It needs to be removed before the 23rd. (I know, short notice, but I
just found out three days ago myself and today is the first time we
could get in to see it.)

I only post this to the group in case someone is wanting or looking for
this particular VIN. If you are interested, pm me or call me any time
after 6 am tomorrow and I will give you the phone number of the guy who
needs to move it. 608 four four five 9072

I will put it in the registry once I know the final fate of this car. I
am hoping the guy who it was given to finds somewhere to move it so we
can then salvage what is left to salvage.

I have the carbs, which look to be complete, if anyone is interested in
an early set.

tim