[Roadsters] convertible top mounting - early 67 roadste

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Fri Feb 7 11:06:06 MST 2014

Ken,

Take a look at the photo Dave included in his most recent message.
It's as good as anything I can send, but it does not include the spring which
goes through the channel in the top.  I wouldn't worry too much about that
spring part.  A new top will not com with that part -- you need to salvage
your current one (which you don't have).  It's supposed to hold the top closer
to the window glass to keep rain out, but my '67-1/2 doesn't have one.  We got
caught in a pretty good rainstorm a couple of years ago, and no water got in
around the window.

I have two pair of them. I bouht a pair on eBay for my
'67-1/2, then saw another pair which was in noticeably better shape, so I
bought it, too.  Don't need two, so I'd be willing to sell the one if you
absolutely have to have one.

Gary