[Roadsters] Not a very interesting topic so far today, but I'm new so let's try this: dieseling out

Chris Collett cccracing at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 07:49:22 MST 2014

New to Roadsters, about a week now, but I have a 1969 2000  65,000 original
miles stored for last 20 years, but got it running.  my question is
over-run after I shut off the engine (diesels out) until I put it in gear
and kill it that way.  anyone else have this problem.  happened before and
after I pulled the smog and plugged the head holes.  also, i had to mess
with the distributor springs to get them to do anything.  now I have about
34 degrees total advance and it drops down to zero at idle with the vac adv
removed. Also, plugs looked perfect, tan powdery with no signs of any oil /
carbon.

 If this is the right bunch of guys, my next problem is the engine stumble
off idle when I hit the accelerator pedal.  I often have to use the choke
to get the revs up.  and later.... well...... Oil in the carburetor.
 That's weird.  Always been a holley, edelbrock, carter, weber carb guy.
 We usually put the oil in the crankcase!  :O