[Roadsters] Not a very interesting topic so far today, but I'm new so let's try this: dieseling out

Dave Sommers divehatteras at aol.com
Sun Feb 23 09:23:30 MST 2014

Hi there Chris.  Welcome to roadster madness. When you do get it running well
you will find out just how much fun these cars are to drive and it will all be
worth it.

You have already gotten a bunch of good ideas from the other responders and
the dieseling is caused by one or a combination of those issues.  From your
description it is combo of the timing and fuel.  You need to fix timing issues
first then make the carb adjustments if required.  Once you do some study on
how these carbs function you will find them simple to deal with. It can also
be if the engine is overheating, which is very bad for these engines, so take
the temp with a gauge other then the dash gauge to make sure you aren't in
danger zone.

Also, where are you located?  Assistance from a fellow roadster owner with
first hand knowledge might be just around the corner...

Dave Sommers
Dive Hatteras llc
www.divehatteras.com
703-517-3724 boat phone