[Roadsters] Setting timing to 16 degrees (thoughts)

datsun_nut at ns.sympatico.ca datsun_nut at ns.sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 26 12:39:13 MDT 2014

Or any other number

A timing light with advance function is essential

Set the timing light to 16 BTDC. Use the 0 degree mark on the crank pulley now, as the timing light has made the allowance.

Easier than having to guess, but another plan is to switch to some type of electronic switching in your distributor. Ditch the points!

Since I installed my Pertronix I have not had to reset my timing in 14000 miles

Happy Roadstering

Damian Hall
69 SRL Solex
Pictou, NS

Envoyi sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le riseau de Bell.