[Roadsters] some brake info, need Phil Erickson inputs

O'Farrell, Fergus P (AS) Fergus.OFarrell at ngc.com
Tue Sep 1 06:54:42 MDT 2015

Phil Erickson in San Diego has done quite the study of brake OTS/std part options.  (rod geometry changes by re-locating the hole, volume vs pedal and cylinder pressure, etc)
All later cars swapped to metric line fittings, so that rules out parts from most of the rest of the list (510, 610, 710).
I made bench bleeding tubes from JY found lines from a 520 pickup, but have not found any other suitable swapping parts. (and I think the 521 trucks went with SAE fittings)  The SR20 swappers often swap out all the lines for metric so that the parts catalog and availability gets "opened up".

Now you can swap a 510 m/c if you get creative and change the line fitting nuts from your SAE m/c, but that cannot be done on the wheel cylinder end.  I suppose you could install adaptors at each wheel, but that would be more sources of leaks.
When folks do the Volvo front disk swap, they go to 7/8 m/c from a 280Z, as they need more volume.
I am sure others have a lot more info (but that isn't news)
Fergus O
69 2000 arisen from hibernation