[Roadsters] Brakes Phil Erickson

philip erickson fj20spl311 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 21:39:37 MDT 2015

 I tried to send this, but from the wrong email.....so I think it got cut.
It's very difficult to guess on the braking response of a wheel cylinder size change on a disc / drum set-up.
The response / braking torque to pressure is Linear with disc brakes and squared or even cubed with drum brakes.  Best to use a proportioning valve on the rear to limit braking torque.
A proportioning valve is miss named as it changes the pressure response to pedal travel - which flattens the torque response of the drum brake.
Phil