[Roadsters] Roadster Dunlop brakes

Jerry Krakauer jsk977 at optonline.net
Mon Jan 15 12:52:33 MST 2018

Dan,

I'm curious about your comment regarding 'expected brake fade.'  My
experiences are dated, but in my SCCA days (60s- 70s)  I, nor other roadster
racers had much of any fade problems, Just needed to use the correct pads. I
used Ferodo DS11 material (along with Nissan 'green stuff' in the rear), and
never had a problem.  After all, the same front brakes were used on series 1
XKEs , Avanti's and a number of other heavier high performance cars. In
street use however,  there was an occasional problem of the pistons seizing
in the cylinders.  Good thing that Dunlop made it so easy to pop off a
cylinder and swap it.

Jerry Krakauer

SRL311 00099