[DMVR] OT: Great Anti-Spam Tool

Ric Johnson johnsonr@dwx.com
Sat, 31 May 2003 10:46:51 -0500

--=====================_221324043==.ALT

I'm sure many of you are as irritated as I am at the volume of unsolicited
commercial emails clogging your inbox. Thanks to a recent mention on TechTV
I've been trying a new anti-spam tool from New Zealand that's doing a great
job, and it's freeware (the author suggests making a donation which will
remove his banner from the top of the window, but it's fully functional and
won't expire even without a donation). It's called MailWasher and the real
beauty of it is not just its ability to filter, but the fact that it can
automatically return a "bounce" message to the spammer making them think
your email address is not valid. While I've only been using it a week I
can't believe how much my incoming spam volume has been reduced already
(probably on the order of 75-80%!). It only works on POP3 and SMTP accounts
(no Hotmail or web based accounts) but for a regular account with an ISP
it's brilliant. As a Eudora user I also really enjoy the ability to preview
and selectively delete all the message headers of my incoming mail prior to
downloading the messages to my email client. You can download a copy from
http://www.mailwasher.net

Ric
--=====================_221324043==.ALT

of unsolicited commercial emails clogging your inbox. Thanks to a recent
mention on TechTV I've been trying a new anti-spam tool from New Zealand
that's doing a great job, and it's freeware (the author suggests making a
donation which will remove his banner from the top of the window, but
it's fully functional and won't expire even without a donation). It's
called MailWasher and the real beauty of it is not just its ability to
filter, but the fact that it can automatically return a
&quot;bounce&quot; message to the spammer making them think your email
address is not valid. While I've only been using it a week I can't
believe how much my incoming spam volume has been reduced already
(probably on the order of 75-80%!). It only works on POP3 and SMTP
accounts (no Hotmail or web based accounts) but for a regular account
with an ISP it's brilliant. As a Eudora user I also really enjoy the
ability to preview and selectively delete all the message headers of my
incoming mail prior to downloading the messages to my email client. You
can download a copy from
her.net</a>
Ric </font></body>