[DMVR] Fatality at HPT

Jarrod Igou jigou@raquet.net
Mon, 05 Apr 2004 15:13:35 -0500

I would say that the reconfiguration was a contributing factor.

As someone trying to figure out the best line through that portion of the track, I was
standing there with probably 50 or 75 other folks and witnessed it. No one standing
there Saturday afternoon is glad he or she was there.

Several racers packed up and went home afterwards. Jennifer and I had a very
serious talk before I went back out on the track.

To the family of Dave Pistole: you are in our prayers.

Several of our own DMVR workers were involved in responding to and dealing with
the incident; everyone did absolutely everything they could, and did it right.

Unfortunately, doing everything right doesn't necessarily mean that the end result is
the one we want.

To all workers directly and indirectly involved: you, likewise, are in our prayers. Know
that if there's anything you need, it's there for the asking.

Jarrod