[DMVR] 2006 Runoffs Location

Eric Linnhoff knuckledragger@kcweb.net
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:43:17 -0500

----- Original Message -----
> I at least hope HPT is more exciting for drivers than it is for workers &
> spectators.  I always thought of the Runoffs as some grand, beyond reality
> event.  Now thinking about it being at Heartland just makes it the level
> of another race.  Drivers will go, they have no choice, but I think
> spectators are in for a sad surprise.  Name one place at HPT that can even
> remotely compete with the view (of) China Beach at Mid-O.
======================================
Have you taken a look at the proposed new facility map?

http://heartlandparktopeka.com/06runoffs-map.pdf

As to views at HPT, have ya been to the stands down by Turn 0 yet?  Talk to
me after you watch a gaggle of AS or GT cars doing "hospital hops" over Turn
0.  And if they cut the grass you can watch the cars from the front straight
all the way around to Turn 8.  (And no, I haven't been to Mid-O to watch a
race.  That's a bit too far for me just to spectate.)

Give Ray a chance.  You can bet your sweet bippy that he'll do what it takes
to win a second contract to hold the Runoffs at HPT, including more viewing
stands.  And if they put a little banking on the Carousel, WOOO!

Eric