[DMVR] Re: 2006 Runoffs location. now old turn names

Karl kt_50320@yahoo.com
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 23:04:51 -0600

Well, like I said, in 12 years I have never heard it referred to as 'the
carousel'.

And as a side-note, the inability of the (functionally illiterate) to read &
comprehend my comments on the SCCA forum simply amazes me.

I didn't say drivers wouldn't like it.  I didn't say workers wouldn't like
it.  No, I made comments on how HPT stinks for spectators, based-on my own
experiences with people I've given tickets to for series they like, yet they
have walked-away feeling they wasted their time.  I also mentioned how
outside 10-11, there is no section that can be described as 'memorable'.
Yet somehow people walk-away acting like I said the moon landings were
faked.

And explain to me the logic that (I) am supposed to be happy about this just
because it is a MiDiv track?  I don't care if it is a shorter drive.  The
Runoffs is not supposed to be about convenience, drive time, parties,
reunions, etc..  It should be about the racing.  And so what if I think HPT
is a boring track to spectate?

You didn't make the comment, but let me ask this of you Jan- if someone said
your particular year & model Neon was the ugliest car on the face of the
Earth, would you get upset?  No, of course you wouldn't.  Not only because
you're an adult and you learned long ago that not everyone likes the same
thing, but also because the simple fact is you are not the one that
designed, engineered or built the car, so for you to be offended would be
akin to someone being offended at being told their dog is ugly.  Unless
they're the mother of father of the dog, there is really no reason to be
upset.  People need to get over their insecurities.

Anyway, if Ray/HPT does not make some actual configuration changes to
existing sections, in addition to the new turn, I really don't see
spectators walking-away impressed with the racing.  (I don't care if they
like the toilets.)  And I am maybe a little bit skeptical, because unless a
certain someone was blowing their usual smoke, the new configuration is
already scaled-back quite a bit from what this person was proclaiming he
knew was the new design.

People need to lighten-up and if they haven't already, learn to accept that
not everyone likes everything, and not everyone agrees with everyone else.

Anyway, I'm done venting here.

Karl T