[DMVR] August 20 Event...

BSHolden@aol.com BSHolden@aol.com
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 16:56:53 EST

Chip;
  You can pre-register here for any DMVR Solo Event:
_http://www.slateracing.com/html/event_registration.html_
(http://www.slateracing.com/html/event_registration.html)

Or, you can sign up at the event site. In that case, it would be great for
you to show up at ~9:00 AM or so to make sure that;
1) You clear registration.
2) Your vehicle passes tech. Tech is basically a safety check: Battery
securely anchored, seat belts in good condition, wheel bearings, tires, wheels  and
lug nuts in good shape, helmet meeting at least Snell 1995 M or SA standards
(closed faced for open cars).
 BTW, We do have loaner helmets available.
3) You have time to walk the course at least twice. As one new to the  sport,
I encourage you to find an experienced Soloist to help you learn the  ropes.
Just ask for help at the registration table. You will find that all of us
"old farts" are willing to offer advice.
Solo is pretty laid back and you will find folks happy to guide you through
the day. It is not all that complicated and you will make new friends. And all
 you need to do is ask for help.
Our next event is scheduled for 3/26/06. Plan to be there.
More info is available at:
_http://www.dmvrscca.org/_ (http://www.dmvrscca.org/)
Welcome to our sport,

Bart
961-0072
In a message dated 3/2/2006 2:54:30 PM Central Standard Time,