[DMVR] August 20 Event...

BSHolden@aol.com BSHolden@aol.com
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 23:26:48 EST

Dan;
  We need to reserve this site ASAP. In fact, this should have been  taken
care of months ago. All sites, and especially Waterloo, need to be  reserved
months in advance.
The Iowa Region has offered to handle the paperwork (sanction, insurance,
etc.) for us to simply show up. All we have to do is pay the $300 site  rental
fee + $40 blue room rental. And.....officiate the event.
All of this is not something that can be put off to the last minute. Kevin
Frett of the Iowa Region has graciously provided us this opportunity to have a
DMVR points event in August at a time and location that has previously been
"TBA/TBD". And this site allows us the chance to design a Solo Nationals  type
course that is impossible to replicate at Sand Piper or DMACC.
It is a perfect opportunity for those going to the Solo Nationals to "tune
up" for their National debut.
Will this replace the TBA DMVR event scheduled for 8/27?
I don't know.
Contact Jon Payne for an answer to that question.
I am just the co-chair for the 8/20 event.
And I know exactly where I will be come August 20, 2006: In the T&S  vehicle
making this event happen provided that we garner more volunteers to  conduct
this event.
Again, we need at least:
One additional co-chair,
A registrar,
A chief of waivers,
At least 2 licensed SSS's.

In a message dated 3/2/2006 9:33:51 PM Central Standard Time,