[Fot] Hallett memories

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Sun Aug 24 00:35:02 MDT 2008

Hallett was a memorable weekend for me.  The very fact I was there
is a testament to the quality of the people on this list.  And the Young
family hospitality was more than I expected.

I believe that weekend was the last time I saw Jack in person.  I don't
remember the details of the troubles with his car or the Thunderbolt,
I do remember working on the problem caused by a broken internal
return spring in one of the Weber carbs on Tony's car.  And things
like tornado force winds and the big top, a Suburban that gave its all
to get there, Mordy cooking up burgers, a phone message from the
portable toilet company regarding an issue with my order for the
IVR race in Wendover the next weekend.  There are some things
I really miss about running those IVR events, and there are some I
am glad to do without.  Getting back behind the wheel of a racing
Triumph would do me good, though.

It would have been nice to have the Drews at last year's Kastner
Cup race here in Utah.  So it goes.

mjb.