[Fot] So a question?

jwoesvra at aol.com jwoesvra at aol.com
Sat Mar 15 18:18:05 MDT 2008

 What
about fared plexi windscreens allowed by SVRA? Are they any less out of
character from the original look than the dams?

I have been away for a week but y'all may have already finished this
conversation. I have said it many times before but perhaps not on the TR
list.....it is all aboutB appearance.

The Perspex windscreen (read Lexan) is a nice safety upgrade that does not
detract from the appearance of the car. The period rules allowed windshield
removal and required a racing windscreen. I don't even understand your
statement.

I can't for the life of me understand why you guys want to hang these air dams
on your cars and then argue about "period" or "non-period" appearance.

Look at the old pictures and replicate what the real racers did in "the day".
Don't come up with crap that didn't happen and try to justify a reason for it.
Get your noses out of the "boy racer" catalogs and try to get in the spirit of
what we do. Why can't you make a spoiler that replicates what the guys like
Kas and Bob Tullius used? Why do you have to buy a POS fiberglass AIRDAM? I
fight this battle all the time. If you want the modern look and think that is
KOOL, SCCA or NASA will be happy to take your money.

Jack Woehrle

SVRA