[Fot] Water after 5-6 hard laps filling overflow and such

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Apr 23 08:08:33 MDT 2009

> Got a 1300 Spitfire engine that will run great for 4-6 laps
> and then fills the water overflow and starts to spit water
> out. Can't find a head gasket issue, head isn't cracked, no
> water in the crankcase at all either. Everyone I ask is
> baffled.

Have you checked for exhaust gas in the radiator?  If it's getting exhaust
gas, then you know it's a leakage problem and can concentrate on that area.
If not, then you know to look elsewhere, like the lower hose getting sucked
closed; or plain old overheating of course.

The tool to check for exhaust gas in the radiator is only about $75 new, I
found a lightly used one on eBay for $25.  Or any radiator shop should be
able to do the test for you for about $15.

(This one looks like the chemical is getting old, it's just an example of
what I'm talking about)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310137095816

Randall