[Fot] Chinese H-beam TR rods

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Thu Jun 16 21:59:13 MDT 2011

The TR6, GT6 Mark 2 & 3, Spitfire 1500 and large journal 1300 do all
share the same rods, as I recall.   The GT6 has different piston crown
heights , but I seem to recall something like a standard TR6 piston
is the same as a 40 over Spit 1500.  I'm probably getting into pure
speculation here, fueled by a murky memory.

Also the rocker arms are the same, but I could be wrong on that one.
So 2 sets of TR6 roller rockers would give you 3 sets of Spit 1500 ones!

The early GT6 and Vitesse 1600 motors, 1147 and early 1296 Spit
motors do not share components with the TR6 or Spit 1500.

mjb.