[Fot] [6pack] Valve Spring Installed Height Dimension

Glenn Franco gaf3 at charter.net
Sat Sep 3 14:03:53 MDT 2011

Dick
I do all of my head work including refacing valves, seats and guides.
When you reface the valves and seats the valve sits slightly lower in
the seat.
That allows the valve stem to protrude further out of the head. That
lessens the valve spring tension.
These are washers that fit below the valve spring to regain correct
spring height.
The manual gives spring free height which means almost nothing except if
you should discard or not.
New or reusable springs have to be set to a certain height to regain
proper tension.
So far I have received nothing but dead air on this.
I can't believe I'm the only one out there that does their own head work.
Thanks for your interest
Glenn