[Fot] TR6 Clutch problem Help me help me

Henry Morrison dos_gusanos at msn.com
Mon Sep 5 07:04:36 MDT 2011

Thanks again to everyone who reply to my cry for help.  The brain storming
session really helped.  Here's how it all went down.  I took everything apart
and was concerned about the cltch fork so I cross drilled it for the hell of
it and turned the little pegs, and threw enough of it all back together for a
running test.  Those two things didn't do it.  So I tore it apart, spent an
hour rounding up six .075" thick washers and placed them between the pressure
plate and the flywheel.  Now the car feels like it has a crappy old clutch in
it again.  But will it all fly apart?  Should I have used the .055" thick
washers?

On a happy note I hooked up with two TR4 buddies working on clutches yesterday
and we all drove our cars and got a beer, grease and all.

Cheers,  Henry Morrison,

Cedar Crest, NM