[Fot] Fire Suppression System

Duncan Charlton duncan.charlton54 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 15:54:39 MDT 2011

Halon for extinguishers is liquid gold -- expensive and much harder to obtain
these days. I think I read that it's no longer legal to manufacture it in the
USA.

It's the best for fire extinguishing.  I saw a live comparison of various
extinguishing agents and it is clearly superior.  1301 is less toxic than 1211
and either will displace oxygen in a confined area.

Info here: http://www.gulfwidesafety.com/gws/docs/NVIC_6-72_chapter6.pdf

The local fire extinguisher service company ought to be able to check it out
for you.  Whatever you do, don't vent it just to check -- you might not be
able to get it recharged.

Duncan