[Fot] TR6 oil consumption issue during break in.

Jason Ostrowski jason at multivintage.com
Tue Sep 20 12:30:17 MDT 2011

The smoking bothers me more than the consumption. Most often that symptom is
a sign that its time for a rebuild due to ring wear.
My GT6 drinks oil like a college kid at a keg party. About a quart for every
30 min session. I often wonder where it's going?
I've been trying to figure that out for two seasons now.
But now the smoking I have, exactly as you describe, tells me its time for a
rebuild.
Unfortunately, the cheap pistons and rings my not have been a wise choice.
But hind sight is 20/20.
You're past your break in point already, use the heaviest oil it'll run on
and get some fun out of it.
Put a diaper (wads of heavy paper towels) anywhere you think it might be
leaking to be sure the smoking isn't from oil leaking on the hot stuff and
also to tell you how much it may be leaking.
Some easy little things that may help a bit.
Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing