[Fot] TR6 oil consumption issue during break in.

malaboge at aol.com malaboge at aol.com
Tue Sep 20 19:14:58 MDT 2011

Henry,

>From your posts, I see 2 possible clues...
1. Huge Oil pressure
2. The car runs cool.  Never much above 160

My guess...combo of the hi pressure pushing too much oil everywhere including
into the cylinders where its washing the cylinders down, and never getting hot
enuf to seat the rings amid the wash of oil...

At this point you may have glazed the walls/rings and once you lower the OP,
you might try the ole Bon Ami trick.  If that doesnt work you may have to
re-hone and re-ring...

sometimes too much is just that...
Nick in Nor Cal