[Fot] Starter problem / Clutch issue

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 09:51:13 MDT 2012

On 4/12/12 6:18 AM, jkhagen at charter.net wrote:
> FOT's--Do you want to save the starter or make horse power.  According
> to Myron Cottrell -[Cotrell Racing Engines] some of the best in the
> nation-do not wrap or coat headers--you want heat to excape engine and
> headers any way possible. John Hagen
Also, traditional wrap collects moisture and holds it next to the steel
headers.  I had a wrapped header literately turn to rust flakes within 5
years running in a moist environment.  If you decide the starter is more
important I suggest you get the inside of the headers ceramic coated,
paint liquid ceramic coating on the body of the starter motor and sleeve
your wiring.

Teriann