[Fot] re; wheel & tyre sizes TR5/TR6

J.C. Hassall jhassall at blacksburg.net
Sat Apr 13 14:27:49 MDT 2013

On 4/12/2013 7:07 PM, Enquiries Road & Track wrote:
> thanks for all the replies guys. my car is a TR5 (same as 250) and when i
> wrote the message I said TR5 or TR6, forgetting about the different width
> of TR6 wings/fenders (whatever you call them)
>
> So, back to basics,,,, who can comment on TR4 or 250 wheel tyre sizes
>
> Terry

Terry, I just now dropped a plumb line from the outer lip of the fender,
then measured from the hub surface: it measures 3 1/2 inches.  With that
dimension you can calculate, for a given wheel offset and tire (tyre)
width/aspect ratio, where the sidewall will be.

Now, if only I'd done this a month ago, I wouldn't be in my current
predicament.  :-(

jim

--
Jim Hassall