[Fot] A-Type O/D Conversion Shift Tower Issue

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Nov 18 16:38:30 MST 2013

> The second issue I'm having is the oil pump plunger refuses to come out
> of the housing.
> The eccentric on the output shaft was completely worn out. I'm guessing
> there's an issue there.
> Any suggestions for removal?

Make certain you remove the check valve in the side first !

Here's my version of the process that Larry & Sam (& Nelson) wrote up:

http://tinyurl.com/oy38gvh

Once the body was touching the piece of steel, I added a big socket as a spacer and pulled some more.  Takes quite a bit of force, but it will move.  If you wanted you could probably heat the housing up and make it pull easier.

Randall