[Fot] Gasket Seal

Glenn Franco gaf3 at charter.net
Tue Nov 26 10:55:49 MST 2013

Call me old fashion, but I use Permatex High Tack on one side (keeps the
gasket in place) and chassis grease on the other.
Works every time when you have 2 good/flat surfaces to deal with.
Also if you goof up you can disassemble without tearing up the gasket.
If the surfaces are questionable like on an oil pan where you have
sealing blocks to deal with I use High tack to hold the gasket in place
on one side and High Temp Red Silicone on the other. My experiences with
the Black is not so good since they started using it some 30+ years ago.
Just my 2 cents worth
Glenn