[Fot] Teardown post-modem on my Kas Cup early exit

Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley triosan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 17:07:54 MDT 2013

After the first tranny failed on Friday, I spent most of the rest of that
day and saturday replacing the diff and tranny.  Got it going a little late
for the Saturday Group 8 race [wish I could have run it as I would hav
gotten a better startig positionin the K Cup.]

As part of the swapping tranny process I have to replace the linear throw
out bearing.  Seems I must have gotten distracted when doing this, as I
failed to tightent he lower left bolt.  This allowed tranny fluid toeasily
escape.  By lapthree the car was shaking and I knew  I would not make it to
the end so exited at turn 5.

Car and new clutch disk and tranny [with a new seal also] are now back and
ready for me to go racing this coming weekend at the new track called "The
Ridge" in Shelton, WA.  This is a great new track and if you can get a
chance, it is a must run.  Has a down hill very similar to the corkscrew at
Laguna.

Rain is predicted.  I have run two races in the rain this year -- first one
at Pacific Raceways I finished third for my only "podium". Second one at
Mission in Canada I got greedy, tried a pass I should not have and ended up
spinning and wiping the front end off the car. It was a good lesson.  I
really understand the value of true rain tires now [used in first rain
race, not in the second].