[Fot] Spitfire Mk II race car

dustin nicholson nicholsondustin at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 08:37:16 MST 2014

Ed,
I looked at Roger Williams early Spitfire last year
(Spitfire 4 I
think), itbs not the car that Robert and Dave bought.B  Rogerbs is a
rolling chassis with a primed
but stripped body, no rust, no engine, cage has
been removed, the suspension and
rear end set up seemed very modified and well
thought outb& different mounting
points and that kind of stuff.B  Ibm
trying to remember what he told me about the rear axles, I want to say it has
needle bearings with a grease fitting similar to Joe Siambs set up I
guess.B  I think he only wanted $1,000.B  Would be a good foundation to build
a car.B  I almost bought it just for the axles and welded
diff (4.55 I think),
but I donbt think the axles are the right length for my
mark IV.
Ibm
going to visit him in a couple weeks as he is rebuilding
the webers for my
Dadbs TR6.B  Webre
switching from six Keihins to triple webers hoping for
better low RPM performance.B  Between the motorcycle carbs and a really
aggressive
cam the TR6 screams above 4,000 RPMs but bogs down and dies off the
line if you
donbt feather the throttle.B  Considering
itbs a
street/autocross car that doesnbt work out too well.
Supposedly Roger is
the weber whisperer and the go to guy in
South Texas, webll see how well
these are tuned.
If anyone wants photos or to know more about Rogerbs
spit
for sale let me know.B  Hebs got some original
13x6 mini lites on it
but they are for sale separately.
Dustin

On Wednesday, February 12, 2014