[Fot] distributors (2nd part)

Van Mulders Marcel van.mulders.marcel at telenet.be
Sun Feb 23 10:11:44 MST 2014

Thanks for the suggestions,
The comments on Advanced Distributors are very convincing. I e-mailed Jeff
already and am waiting for his suggestions, maybe a 45D distributor with
Pertronix ignition.
I think that the timing of the Mallory Ignition Electronic distributors is
ok when new, but that after some races, this distributor can't cope anymore
with high revs.The timing is reasonably steady beneath 4500rpm, but at high
revs, the timing is very erratic : it is not possible to see with a timing
light how much advance the engine has at 5000 rpm or more.