[Fot] Fw: Detroit Locker

Bob Kramer rkramer3 at austin.rr.com
Thu Feb 27 06:07:13 MST 2014

I have a big TR Detroit Locker carrier assembly with the ring gear flange
sheared off, it could be very useful for creating repro's.

I suspect that the dog cups, dog gears, springs and spline carriers could get
expensive to make. OTOH there may be off the shelf current parts that would
work if just the axle spline carrier was produced to fit our car.

I'm with Bob. I'd be worried about legal matters.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 27, 2014, at 6:51 AM, "Robert M. Lang" <lang at isis.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Two things:
>
> 1. I may be mistaken, but there may be a (Utility) patent for the Detroit
Locker, so you might want to investigate that.

> and
>
> 2. if you need a pattern for a big TR DL, I have one in the parts pile
(somewhere) and I know there are a few more hanging around in the town I live
in.

> Sidebar - it's interesting to move to a new town and discover that another
resident is a former SCCA Solo National Champion who also happens to be a
major TRiumph nut. If that isn't "meant to be", then nothing is! Look for a
certain TR4 to come out of hibernation this year. The plan is the 2014 Solo
Nats in G Prepared.