[Fot] Turbocharger

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Mon Jun 30 19:39:18 MDT 2014

I just purchased a new Chevy Cruze with a 1.4 liter turbocharged engine.
The first thing I noticed is the dreaded turbo lag.

It got me to thinking (which is dangerous).

Why can't someone design a system whereby the turbo unit is used to charge a
reservoir that would in turn send pressurized air to the fuel system on
demand?  That way, there is no turbo lag.  The waste gate on the turbo would
still be used to keep the thing from over-charging the reservoir.

Am I all wet. Or is this a sound concept?  If so, why hasn't someone thought
of this before?

Joe C.