[Fot] Production car race 1975 - YouTube

Scott Janzen sjanzen at me.com
Mon Mar 3 08:29:02 MST 2014

I did a lap of Watkins Glen in 1975 in a similar manner - my best friend and I
were on a cross country road trip after my junior year in high school.  We
were at Watkins Glen, drove up to the track on a weekday afternoon, nobody
there - literally - pushed aside a gate, drove onto the track, took a lap in
the '65 dodge dart with the slant six and three on the tree, and left.
Come to think of it, my parents were prob nuts to let a 17 year old go cross
country, but we have some great memories and didn't kill ourselves.  Came
close once or twice though.