[Fot] Fw: Help with Oil Pressure Problem

Greg Solow Gregmogdoc at surfnetusa.com
Thu Mar 6 19:32:27 MST 2014

I do not believe that the rocker assembly could cause this.  The standard
oil feed is though a restricted hole from the rear main bearing to the rear
cam bearing, then the feed is intermitently pulsed by the rotation of the
camshaft lining up a spiral groove in the rear cam journal and some flats
machined into the journal. I have by passed this system and fed oil directly
from the restricted drilling from the rear main, to the drilling that goes
up to the head. Doing this feed a lot more oil the the rocker gear, but did
not affect oil pressure at all.
     Excessive clearance in the oil pump, either excessive end float on the
gears or excessive tip clearance between the rotors will give low oil
pressure at idle, The oil leaks back withing the pump at it rotates slowly,
but at the reves come up and the pump turns faster, I think it can overcome
this internal leakage and the pressure in the engine will come up.

                        Greg Solow