[Fot] Big TR OD and Gearbox rebuilding - reversing

BillDentin at aol.com BillDentin at aol.com
Wed Mar 12 10:33:33 MDT 2014

In a message dated 03/12/2014 9:44:36 AM Central Standard Time,
cartravel at pobox.com writes:

> You might also want to consider changing your rear axle
> to something like a 4.55 which will give 3.73 in 4th overdrive.

I have not run an overdrive in my racecar for decades.  But I do have a
4.55 rear axle on the shelf, that we used to put it in the car for street
races.  I ran the Minneapolis Grand Prix (twice) and the Western Michigan Grand
Prix (twice) and it performed awesome (especially in the Grand Rapids races).

But alas, without overdrive, I could not switch back to a 4.11 or 3.73 fast
enough when I went back to the tracks like Blackhawk, Grattan, and
especially Road America.

Bill Dentinger

Bill Dentinger