[Fot] Big TR OD and Gearbox rebuilding - reversing

John Styduhar johnstydo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 13:23:02 MDT 2014

Wishbone Classics makes a nice upgrade to the A-type overdrive planet gear
and carrier assembly where they machine out a deeper pocket in the case for
the bronze thrust washer (Moss part number 866-560) and install one of
double thickness and stronger material.  This is a difficult DIY procedure
because you have to remove the three gears in the carrier which are not
designed/intended for removal.  I found pieces of what was left of the
original washer in my filter screen. The rest was ground into gold dust.