[Fot] Big TR OD and Gearbox rebuilding - reversing

Marcel Van Mulders van.mulders.marcel at telenet.be
Fri Mar 14 11:22:28 MDT 2014

Coming out of an hairpin (onto a long straight) the same thing happens to me
: the 2nd gear is too long with a 4.1  or longer rear axle. The revs simply
fall out of the power band and I have to wait. But having an O/D and a 4.33
or shorter rear axle, all gears are coming closer together and with a
stopwatch, one must see that the car is faster coming out of every bend. As
long as you can stay in the power band, it's difficult to notice that the
car is accelerating faster.
Maybe, racing  the Triumph cars with O/D gearbox is more popular in the USA
than in Europe, because the Triumphs(when they were new) had to race more
often over there against cars with true 5 speed gearboxes?
Marcel, Belgium