[Fot] Status report on the K-Cup finances

EDWARD BARNARD edwardbarnard at prodigy.net
Sun May 4 21:32:40 MDT 2014

And the third Renown Limo in the US is in my shop now awaiting a restoration.
A rare but not highly sought after or valuable car.
-Ed-
________________________________
 From: Shawn Frank <my71spit13 at yahoo.com>
To:
Joe Alexander <n197tr4 at cs.com>; Bobby Whitehead <igofaster at att.net>
Cc:
Robert Blake <rblake36 at yahoo.com>; Dave Foreman <dave at beanitos.com>; Bob
Kramer <bkramer at ascoeq.com>; Greg Blake <greg.blake at atkinsglobal.com>; Robert
MacKenzie <robert at mackenzie.aero>; Ed Barnard <edwardbarnard at prodigy.net>;
Dustin Nicholson <nicholsondustin at yahoo.com>; John Frymark <jfrymark at aol.com>;
Kas Kastner <kaskastner at gmail.com>; William Collins <bkolnz at sbcglobal.net>;
Joe Hovey <jhovey1 at sbcglobal.net>; DEREK VICK <explore8 at outlook.com>; Andrew
Kramer <kramer08 at gmail.com>; "Duncan Charlton (duncan.charlton54 at gmail.com)"
<duncan.charlton54 at gmail.com>; "Piers Gormly (piers.gormly at gmail.com)"
<piers.gormly at gmail.com>; Betina Foreman <betinaforemanrealtor at yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 4, 2014 7:10 PM
Subject: Re: Status report on the K-Cup
finances

There is also a Renown Limo in the Iowa British Car Club. These
two parked next to each other at Excelsior Springs VTR event. I wonder when
two Renown Limos were in the same place? Maybe at the factory way back when...
I have already asked Bill Unger (owner of IBCC Renown Limo) if he could attend
the Kastner Cup or All British Marques National Meet in Hot Springs, AR. He
can not make either event, but was worth a try. I'll just have to write about
them...
Shawn Frank
Spitfire & GT6 Magazine, Editor
Continued Legacy, Owner
North American Triumphs, Admin
Friends of Triumph/NASS/IowaBCC
Drive Away
Cancer Iowa, Driver
515-339-4228
'71 Triumph Spitfire MKIV "Gertrude"
'80
Triumph Spitfire 1500

________________________________
 From:  Joe
Alexander <n197tr4 at cs.com>;  To:  Bobby Whitehead <igofaster at att.net>;  Cc:
Robert Blake <rblake36 at yahoo.com>; Dave Foreman <dave at beanitos.com>; Bob
Kramer <bkramer at ascoeq.com>; Greg Blake <greg.blake at atkinsglobal.com>; Robert
MacKenzie <robert at mackenzie.aero>; Ed Barnard <edwardbarnard at prodigy.net>;
Dustin Nicholson <nicholsondustin at yahoo.com>; John Frymark <jfrymark at aol.com>;
Kas Kastner <kaskastner at gmail.com>; William Collins <bkolnz at sbcglobal.net>;
Joe Hovey <jhovey1 at sbcglobal.net>; DEREK VICK <explore8 at outlook.com>; Andrew
Kramer <kramer08 at gmail.com>; Duncan Charlton (duncan.charlton54 at gmail.com)
<duncan.charlton54 at gmail.com>; Piers Gormly (piers.gormly at gmail.com)
<piers.gormly at gmail.com>; Betina Foreman <betinaforemanrealtor at yahoo.com>;
Shawn Frank <my71spit13 at yahoo.com>;  Subject:  Re: Status report on the K-Cup
finances  Sent:  Sun, May 4, 2014 11:52:38 PM
That Renown Limo is a real
mind bender. B (Owner Dave Pilcher)
I might add that we will have a few of
Kas' Books and DVDs available for sale to TR enthusiasts.
I think we have
Enuff posters for drivers, crews, and TR visitors. One each and complimentary.
(By Steve Belfer)
I am excited about about what Ken Knight did for the
KCup......and I upgraded the permanent cups, to something with more class. B
Joe Alexander
645 1st Street
Jesup, IA 50648
The-vintage-racer.com
Gasketinnovations.com
Cell: B 319.464.4711
On May 4, 2014, at 6:26 PM, Bobby
Whitehead <igofaster at att.net> wrote:
I thought I saw on the site for the Red
River Triumph club (Dave is the moderator) that they were coming upb&couldn't
imagine him not bringing THAT jewel up but we should confirm!

Kramer <bkramer at ascoeq.com>; Greg Blake <greg.blake at atkinsglobal.com>; Bobby
Whitehead <igofaster at att.net>; Robert MacKenzie <robert at mackenzie.aero>; Ed
Barnard <edwardbarnard at prodigy.net>; Dustin Nicholson
<nicholsondustin at yahoo.com>; John Frymark <jfrymark at aol.com>; Kas Kastner
<kaskastner at gmail.com>; William Collins <bkolnz at sbcglobal.net>; Joe Hovey
<jhovey1 at sbcglobal.net>; DEREK VICK <explore8 at outlook.com>; Andrew Kramer
<kramer08 at gmail.com>; "Duncan Charlton (duncan.charlton54 at gmail.com)"
<duncan.charlton54 at gmail.com>; "Piers Gormly (piers.gormly at gmail.com)"
<piers.gormly at gmail.com>; Betina Foreman <betinaforemanrealtor at yahoo.com>;
Shawn Frank <my71spit13 at yahoo.com>
>Sent: Friday, May 2, 2014 9:37 AM
>Subject: Re: Status report on the K-Cup finances
>
>Bob Kramer,
>I saw Dave
Pilcher the last couple days at the KC VTR regional, but failed to ask him
about bringing his Renown Limo. B  That would make a great photo op with Kas
and Peg, and a great addition to the Kastner Cup.
>What a great car!!Joe
Alexander
Robert Blake <rblake36 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>Dave,
>>

>>I plan on going up
early as well. B Hauling barbecue grill, food and beer for Thursday evening,
oh, and perhaps a car that might be functional. B Let me know your leave time
and I will catch up with you at the rest area.

1, 2014 8:19 AM, Dave Foreman <dave at beanitos.com> wrote:

>>We are leaving
Austin EARLY Thursday, and will bring a tent and any chairs we can find.B
Will be available for grunt work on arrivalb&
>>Dave Foreman
>>Beanitos Inc | Founder & President
>>Direct: 512-576-1933
>>dave at beanitos.com
Robert Blake; Robert MacKenzie; Dave Foreman; Ed Barnard; Dustin Nicholson;
John Frymark; Joe Alexander; Kas Kastner; William Collins; Joe Hovey; DEREK
VICK; Andrew Kramer
>>Subject: Status report on the K-Cup finances
>>We
are getting closer to the event and I want to show you where we stand
finacially. I have 84 t-shirts on order with 73 pre-sold. B Thanks to our
financial sponsors we have 250 Koozies and some neat insulated beer mugs as
give-aways to the drivers on order. Dave Foreman and his Beanitos brand Bean
Chips, Jim Cox and his Branson Auction and Bobby Whitehead and his Gold N Pawn
all came up big for us. Huge thank you from the rest of us are in order.B
>>John Frymark, Bob and Greg Blake are going to be handling food and
reception for Thursday night and a Friday night meal for FoT only. They are
stepping up financially their $$ are not shown in this budget. The $300.00 I
put in there is for overages that will naturally occur (think beer runs). I
think there still needs to be some communication between those guys but I know
John is ready to get started, and they will need help from the rest of us.
>>Bill, Ed and Joe, and I think Derek are all DFW guys and I have
talked to most of you about getting to ECR early and coordinating things like
trailer parking, the paddock and in general being our TxFOT hosts at ECR. We
also need to bring all of our pop up canopies and portable chairs and set up
the viewing area on top of the hill. Not renting a party tent will save
substantial $. Ed is helping with CVAR tech for the weekend and for us that
means he will tech all the FoT cars in the paddock, next to reception. He will
also make himself available as the weekend progresses to help FoT fix what
needs fixing.
>>Jim Cox is bringing about six eight foot tables and
matching wedding style chairs for the FoT reception area we will set up in the
paddock. We need to unload them and set them up Thursday . That also is saving
us $$$$, and provides us the FoT eating/meeting area.
>>Bobby
Whitehead has rented 5 golf carts for the event. We have one specifiaclly for
Kas, another for FoT that will be available to Joe and others as he see's fit.
I believe there is one set aside for "press" and photography and a couple for
shuttling people from parking areas and up the hill. Bobby took this on and
took it off our expenses so you will see counterbalancing entries in the
budget. Bobby also has arranged for a better then CVAR standard Saturday night
meal with live music. We are in for a good time.
>>I am doing the
MS150 this weekend in DFW. I'll be very close to ECR on two wheels and we
finish Saturday at TX Motor speedway. After that it will be all KCup for me.
I'll try and cash the checks today. Bill, when do we need to pay Maggie for
the paddock? The $$ are starting to roll in from renters. We have money set
aside for Kas's travel expenses and it will be available any time now.
>>Let me know if I have missed something...
>>Thanks to all of you
this is going to be a memorable event.B