[Fot] Zandvoort race 2

Marcel Van Mulders van.mulders.marcel at telenet.be
Thu May 8 10:23:00 MDT 2014

  With the race director and the racers involved, we've looked at 4 onboard
camera video's : it shows that the rolling start IS dangerous , at least in
the Zandvoort way : the race starts, and passing is allowed as soon as the
red lights go out : after some seconds, you get a lot of cars(more than 40
cars on the grid) close together and at different high speeds. I was in the
'mid lane' of the track, the track was clear in front of me. On the right
side of the track, the MGA that hit me had the intention to pass a slower
car in front of him and made that move to the left were I happened to be. I
had a camera in my car, but I cannot show that video : someone did steal the
microSD card in the parc fermi!!
It's a pity because my car was in very good shape, faster than it has ever
been. At least I can keep the engine and dogbox (with an overdrive now : it
works great with the shorter diff ratio).
After all I'm not too depressed : one write off in 12 years is not rare.
Maybe the replacement will be a TR4. Are there FoT racers who have raced
both? Is it a different experience TR3/TR4?
Marcel