[Fot] MSD box

don at dcphotos.com don at dcphotos.com
Mon Apr 6 17:18:25 MDT 2015

This Spitfire that was “pawned” off on me has a MSD Digital 6A box in it.

When I pull either #1 or #4 plug wire she runs fine, dips down a bit in RPM, but if I pull #2 or #3 she almost dies.

I put my timing gun on #1 wire, she fires at 15°BTDC and same if I put the timing gun sensor
on the #4 wire.

When I put the sensor on either #2 or #3 wire, it shows it firing all over the place, them seem to settle down to 15°btdc
and then goes crazy again, settles down.

Not sure if this is the MSD box or not but I thought I might get some answers here.

I did find that the rotor cap was dragging on the Pertronix Ignitor module inside the distributor. I swapped out rotor caps but still no luck.

Don

DON COUCH PHOTOGRAPHY
(512)-680-3540