[Fot] Kastner Cup Racers/Attendies - READ THIS!

Scott Janzen sjanzen at me.com
Fri May 1 07:07:19 MDT 2015

This is hopefully my last email before I see you at Summit Point.  A couple of key things:

Paddock - We will have a designated paddock area, but it's tight, as is the entire paddock - if you are arriving after Weds night, send me an email.  We will hold space for you, but need to know your rig size.  If you are arriving Weds, I don't need to hear from you. We will be fending off other entrants who want your prime paddock space, and we only want people pissed off at us if we really need the space!  The track will not let you in until about 5 PM Weds (unless you are in the driver's school), so not much point in getting there much earlier.
Directions - If you are arriving from the north, but have a really big motorhome or a long two car trailer, you might want to skip the Inwood/Route 51 exit on I-81 and go down to Route 7 in Winchester.  This is because the Inwood route has a high center railroad crossing near the track.  I have no problem at all at the crossing with a Ford Expedition and 22' trailer, but am told the tractor-trailers and the bus-size motorhomes don't want to go this way.  Either route takes you on some country roads, and both routes have several turns with no signs for the track - if you have any questions about the best route send me an email.
Barbecue Friday Night - If you have not yet signed up, this is your last chance!  I have to commit to the number of people this coming week.  Send Jim Hassall an email, and we will take your $20 at the track.  You don't want to miss this - we have 110 racers and crew signed up, so that's where the fun is going to be!
Thurs Night wine and cheese/beer and bratwurst - We're going to have a little gathering and a few announcements about the weekend, some special guests, etc in the paddock Thurs after practices end, so BYO whatever you want.

There are 52 Triumph powered cars (one Peerless) signed up for the Kastner Cup, so it promises to be a great weekend!

See you there,

Scott