[Fot] Head question on TR-6

Spitfire Racing Spitfire_Racing at twcny.rr.com
Sun Oct 18 07:32:47 MDT 2015

For the past 20 years or so I have had a NOS Circle B 6 cylinder head on a
shelf in the parts room. For some reason I assumed it was for a TR-6 and
would be ideal as a starting point for an eventual TR-250 project. Must to
my disappointment I find it is a Mk2 GT-6 head. Likely it would afford too
high a CR sitting on a 2500cc engine in stock condition.

The question is... Is it unreasonable to think I can open up the combustion
chamber to bring the CR down to ~ 10.5:1 using it on a 2500cc application ?

Any of you have the combustion chamber volume to achieve this using flat top
pistons ??

Anyone out there have done this before? No point in trying to reinvent the
wheel.  Serial number on head is 517528.

Snow on the ground this AM and temps in the 20s has me already in the winter
project mode!

Thanks,

Russ Moore

Spitfire #49